Did you know that Eczema can be triggered by food intake? Have you found a correlation with food and flare ups?
As a parent you can be very conscious of diet during weaning and pre-school with baby led weaning, pureeing and introducing new foods into your little ones diet. It can quite scary realising that an eczema flare up could be due to the introduction of certain types of food.
Each month we will try to highlight a recipe and then challenge you to make it. So here is this week’s recipe.
Sweet Potato & Lentil Puree
- 12 oz sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 oz white potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 oz red lentils, rinsed
- Pinch of coriander
- About 10 fl oz milk (rice milk, breast milk, formula)
- Put all the ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for around 20 mins, until the lentils and the sweet potato are very tender.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth.
This is a great puree for babies from 6 months. Some mums prefer to leave lentils until their baby is a little older because of the wind issue, however Christine at homemade baby food recipes has some great tips on her site on how to deal with this problem!
With thanks to http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com – a fantastic resource for nutritious meal ideas from weaning to toddler.
Let us know how you get on and why not tweet us a picture!